Why Choose Us?
- We limit the scope of each workshop to specific Common Core State Standards and Principals and Standards of School Mathematics to insure an in-depth understanding of concepts and transfer of knowledge to the class-room.
- We guarantee the outcomes identified in each workshop description through research-validated methods and materials.
- Materials are field tested and mapped to Principles and Standards for School Mathematics, Common Core State Standards and expectations.
- We increase student achievements, generate teacher enthusiasm, and change attitudes towards the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- We give participants professionally prepared materials which are listed in workshop descriptions.
- We offer graduate credit and CEU's.
Welcome to TSMM:
Thinking Strategies for Mastering Math® was established in 1991 to significantly enhance the teaching and learning of mathematics for kindergarten through fourth grade educators and their students. The goal of Thinking Strategies for Mastering Math® is to improve the quality of math instruction in the following four components of mathematics:
Number Sense, Operation Sense, Algebra, Measurement, Data
Addition and Subtraction, Place Value and Trade, Algorithms
Multiplication and Division, Place Value and Trade, Algorithms
- Geometry for Third and Fourth Grade Students
The change we offer educators in these components is created through research on how students learn mathematical concepts.
Our mission is to provide elementary educators with the methodology for teaching fundamental math concepts deemed important by Common Core State Standards, Principals and Standards of School Mathematics, 2000, and research.
Our vision is to be recognized by elementary educators as their first choice for professional development workshops and classroom ready materials for teaching mathematics.